Woman accidentally swallows spoon in attempt to retrieve fish bone stuck in throat

April 23, 2019  10:47

Nanyang Siang Pau reported that a woman in Shenzhen, China, accidentally swallowed a 13cm metal spoon while attempting to retrieve a fish bone stuck in her throat.

What was bizarre was that the spoon remained in her body for days as she did not experience any pain or discomfort before she decided to see a doctor 10 days later.

The procedure took 10 minutes.

The doctor said that she could have had internal bleeding if she came later.

Source: asiaone.com

Follow NEWS.am Medicine on Facebook and Twitter


  • Video
  • Event calendar
  • Archive