A woman is looking like Quasimodo after sunbathing using a carrot oil without SPF, The Daily Mail reported.
Bethany Mason, 21, “woke up with her eyes swollen shut and skin that felt 'mushy', horrifying other hotel guests.”
Doctors diagnosed her sun poisoning, which is usually accompanied by edema, fever, nausea and dizziness.
She was prescribed the necessary drugs, and after three days of treatment, the puffiness subsided, but the girl could not be under the sun for a long time.
After the incident, Bethany tries to raise awareness of the dangers of using oils without SPF. It is believed that carrot oil gives the skin a beautiful tan, but it does not protect the skin from the sun.