Surgeons remove tooth from airway leading to her lungs of 9-year-old girl

June 12, 2019  12:00

A nine-year-old girl inhaled her tooth in a sleep and needed it surgically removed, Yahoo reported

During the examination, doctors discovered that the child’s left lung was not functioning properly. X-ray showed the presence of a foreign body in the respiratory tract. The tooth was extracted surgically, and nothing threatened the health of the child.

Aspiration of a foreign body into the respiratory tract is extremely dangerous, especially for children under three years of age. It can lead to suffocation or loss of consciousness, an abscess of the lungs, or pneumonia.

According to experts, raising parental awareness of the dangers of FBA is extremely important to reduce infant mortality rates.

Follow Medicine on Facebook and Twitter

  • Video
  • Event calendar
  • Archive
  • Most read
  • Find us on Facebook
  • Poll
How much are you ready to pay monthly for health insurance?
7-10% of salary
10 000 AMD and more
Up to 10 000 drams
Up to 5000 drams
I don’t want to pay for insurance