A nine-year-old girl inhaled her tooth in a sleep and needed it surgically removed, Yahoo reported.
During the examination, doctors discovered that the child’s left lung was not functioning properly. X-ray showed the presence of a foreign body in the respiratory tract. The tooth was extracted surgically, and nothing threatened the health of the child.
Aspiration of a foreign body into the respiratory tract is extremely dangerous, especially for children under three years of age. It can lead to suffocation or loss of consciousness, an abscess of the lungs, or pneumonia.
According to experts, raising parental awareness of the dangers of FBA is extremely important to reduce infant mortality rates.